Friday, 5 July 2019

Reflection on the course

On the first day we were asked about our hopes, fears and expectations regarding the use of technology in our lessons. Here is what I wrote on Padlet "I'd like to know different tools and webpages to use in class so that my lessons are a lot more appealing to my students". I think that this course has given me lots of new ideas and I have also learnt a lot from other fellow teachers who are taking this course as well.

For example, using Quizlet live to play a game was really interesting and engaging. I will use it in my lessons next course for sure! We also learnt how to create a Google form and all the different options it gives you. It was really good creating one in class since once I had done it, I could see what was missing. Also, creating attractive posters (MEMES and Keep calm and...) is an easy and cool way for students to present their work. Getting to know the webpage "Cinema per a estudiants" has been great since there are many films in their original version and it provides lots of activities to work on them.
Moreover, when we were shown AR and VR yesterday I was really impressed. It is a very attractive way to introduce things to our students. However, I think we are not completely ready to use it in our lessons yet. I reckon it would be great to use AR or VR with a small group of students and up-to-date devices, unfortunately I don't have this in my class.

Regarding fears, I think I still have the same ones. I think students lack digital citizenship rules so we need to work on that in order to make is safer for them to surf the internet.

Taking everything into account, I consider this course has been extremely useful for me as it has provided me with lots of new ideas and tools to use in my lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment